BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Blessing of Pain

Yes that's right, the BLESSING of pain. I have had a rough week this past week, and spent a lot of time thinking about pain and the purpose of it. I either had to look at it as a blessing or a curse. There is a quote I found a few years back that helped me put my pain in perspective.

"Contentment is essentially a matter of accepting from God's hand
what He sends because we know that He is good and therefore it is
good." ~Author Unknown

Everyone has a choice to see every circumstance as a positive or negative....a blessing or a curse. I am a child of God and believe that He allows pain to have a closer walk with Him.

Since being diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, I have been blessed with friendships of courageous, strong, and amazing women. With these women I am able to share my journey of this illness. They encourage, pray for, and support me. I in turn am blessed to share their journey's as well and lift them up in prayer. If not for FM I would not have these amazing women in my life, and they are true blessings.

My pain is teaching me to not take things for granted. Life is too short to sit around and complain. Even with the pain I am determined to live my life the way God intends, to the fullest, and for Him. I am learning to take full advantage of my "good" days and appreciate every moment in this life.

My parting thought is a favorite verse from Matthew.

Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? And not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. But even the hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows. ~Matthew 10:29-31

0 comments: